NFL star Vernon Davis’s brother charged with first-degree murder in tourist death
Prince of Petworth/WUSA)
(CBS/WUSA) WASHINGTON – Police say the 19-year-old brother of NFL star Vernon Davis has been charged in the murder of a Denver tourist.
According to CBS affiliate WUSA, police say they charged Michael Davis with first-degree murder on Wednesday for the April 24 bludgeoning of 66-year-old Gary Dederichswith some kind of object, believed to be a claw hammer.
Davis had already been charged in connection with other hammer attacks in the area. According to the Washington Post, Davis was charged April 28 with two counts of assault with intent to kill while armed.
He was arrested after he allegedly attacked a 19-year-old D.C. woman, WUSA reports. Police found a claw hammer in Davis’s bag, a weapon they believe was used in at least two of the attacks.
The Washington Post reports police are investigating five
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Sportznutz/~3/AoaVYA11tOk/
- Junior players tweet about making Team Canada
- Ben and Tyler Hansbrough keep Pacers all in the family
- Blues part ways with team president John Davidson
- Does the punishment stop the crime in sports?
- Richardson ranks as No. 3 overall prospect in 2012 NFL Draft
- Heat’s Wade sitting out Hawks’ game with cold
- Aceves and Rodriguez nearly have fight (Yahoo! Sports)
- Shaq beats Barkley in ‘Shirt-Off’ showdown
- Aaron Palushaj helps Bulldogs nip Heat in AHL action
- Paul Stastny, Avalanche bury Flames