NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Diamondbacks beat Dodgers 4-3 in 11 innings (Yahoo! Sports)
- Notebook: Lakers 99, Rockets 95
- Georges Laraque resigns from CHLPA over controversy
- Cuban: Mavs won’t trade Nowitzki
- Notebook: Bulls 93, 76ers 82
- Bedard pitches Pirates to 4-2 win over Royals (Yahoo! Sports)
- NFL eases local TV blackout restrictions for upcoming season
- Notebook: Heat 103, Pacers 102
- NFL: Tebow draws big crowd to Texas Easter service
- Blackhawks confident, Red Wings calm about Game 7