NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Wild pitch gives Nats 5-4 win over Mets (Yahoo! Sports)
- Saints coach Vitt says NFL bounty probe evidence showing he …
- Notebook: Clippers 99, Pacers 91
- NFL draft buzz: Ryan Tannehill still the key; Fletcher Cox at 6?
- Harden deal drives small-market reality home
- Notebook: Jazz 86, Trail Blazers 77
- Notebook: Bucks 97, Nets 88
- Monday Sports Wrap
- Ex-Saint Fujita: Bounty allegations ‘are not true’
- Former NFL safety Easterling dies at 62