NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
April 28, 2012 by
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Kroenke’s Bid To Make Rams A Rich NFL Team Rejected By St. Louis
- Wolves pick up third-year options on Rubio, Williams
- NFL Notes: Seau family weighing brain donation
- Nats back Gonzalez with 6 HRs in 9-1 win over Cubs (Yahoo! Sports)
- Milwaukee Brewers plan Miller Park improvements (Yahoo! Sports)
- Dodgers’ Kemp gets cortisone shot in left shoulder (Yahoo! Sports)
- Zero communication between sides in NHL labour dispute
- T-shirt gives voice to the disgruntled
- Jaromir Jagr heads to Stars in surprising signing
- Brad Richards’ future with Rangers remains uncertain