NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- NHL employees to have work hours cut on Oct. 1
- NHLPA vote on CBA ratification to last until Saturday
- Quebec labor board rejects NHLPA’s request
- Notebook: Celtics 89, Wizards 86
- Oilers unable to confirm reports on missing prospect
- Notebook: Suns 91, Cavaliers 78
- Sakic, Oates, Sundin, Bure get call to Hall
- Notebook: Heat 90, Pacers 79
- Habs blank Hurricanes en route to 4th straight win
- Wharnsby: Stanley Cup final turning into grueling affair