NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Coyotes captain Shane Doan on HNIC Radio
- Notebook: Thunder 103, Trail Blazers 83
- Durant best bet to be final MVP
- Hornets’ Davis, Jazz’s Williams out
- Mercilus goes on road for NFL draft
- Hornets waive forward McGuire
- Campbell-Pascall: Canadian women’s hockey faces many questions
- Jazz forward Williams to undergo surgery
- Monday Sports Wrap
- John Wall: Wizards will be fine until I come back