NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Lakers’ Blake out vs. Spurs with abdominal strain
- Senators seek similar result in rematch with Panthers
- Down 3-0, Celtics try avoid sweep Sunday
- Alex Ovechkin scores, Capitals notch 1st win
- Wade, Allen want to be paid for Olympics
- Roy Oswalt shuts down A’s as Rangers win 6-1 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Jets look to make stronger NHL playoff push
- Judge: No auction yet of Kobe memorabilia
- Maple Leafs cooking up strange shootout numbers
- Rodman to pay $500K in back child support