NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Chen’s strong start lifts Orioles over A’s 3-0 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Blackhawks beat Red Wings; both will open on road
- Scherzer terrific again, Tigers beat Chicago 5-1 (Yahoo! Sports)
- At 37, Duncan appreciating success more than ever
- Wade remains ‘day to day’ for Game 4
- Warriors pick up team option for guard Thompson
- Sizing up the Flyers-Maple Leafs trade
- Stanley Cup Stories: Blackhawks, Bruins licking their wounds
- Shane Doan’s decision expected on Friday
- NHL fans react to latest labour news