NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
Article source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Sportznutz/~3/RkCNzRXnemQ/
- Notebook: Sixers 77, Hornets 62
- Wednesday Sports Wrap
- Zobrist’s homer in 11th give Rays win over Rangers (Yahoo! Sports)
- Stephen Jackson runs a basketball camp
- Notebook: Jazz 105, Trail Blazers 95
- Watch & Chat: Capitals at Canadiens
- Teixeira, Chavez HRs help Yankees top Tigers 4-3 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Johan Santana set to start Thursday for Mets (Yahoo! Sports)
- Cavaliers complete roster with three cuts