NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Canadiens earn 5th consecutive victory in New York
- Heat’s James, Thunder’s Durant take monthly honors
- Stadium worker entertains with "The Carlton"
- Monday Sports Wrap
- 2009 NFL Draft gets makeover; Tuna leaves Saints in limbo
- Draft positional series: Wide receivers
- Spurs’ Parker gets cut above eye vs. Mavs
- Mariners decline 2013 option on C Miguel Olivo (Yahoo! Sports)
- Notebook: Sixers 104, Suns 101
- Raiders sign 6 draft picks (Yahoo! Sports)