NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Subban carrying the ball for Canada in net
- Nets sign former Wizards forward Andray Blatche
- Bruins obtain Wade Redden, exchange minor leaguers with Chicago
- Friday Sports Wrap
- Lightning lose centre Vinny Lecavalier indefinitely
- Wolves GM: Love out for ‘a number of weeks’
- Wild goalie Josh Harding playing Thursday
- Memorial Cup: Players to watch
- Diamondbacks add Steve Sax, Turner Ward as coaches (Yahoo! Sports)
- Jarrod Parker, A’s slow down Angels with 3-1 win (Yahoo! Sports)