NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Penguins hope cohesion leads to success when NHL lockout ends
- Mavericks cut center Curry, sign Troy Murphy
- Kings continue quest for Stanley Cup
- Ujiri to leave Denver for Raptors
- Notebook: Bulls 96, Nets 85
- NFL players seeing benefits of post-retirement counseling
- Notebook: Warriors 109, Lakers 103
- Montreal stays unbeaten at Clarkson Cup
- No smoking gun but plenty enough to shoot holes through Saints’ case
- U.S. Open grounds buzzing for Kids’ Day