NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Gore & Rice: Contrasting styles, mutual respect (Yahoo! Sports)
- Teixeira has cortisone shot in left wrist (Yahoo! Sports)
- Bulls’ Deng, Hinrich out for Game 4
- Marlins trades Hanley Ramirez to Dodgers (Yahoo! Sports)
- Warriors center Bogut says still out indefinitely
- Magic forward Ryan Anderson to be named Most Improved
- Tuesday Sports Wrap
- To ‘Dad,’ from Chad: Ochocinco’s letter to Roger Goodell
- Phillies over .500 for 1st time since Opening Day (Yahoo! Sports)
- Rangers suggesting $10M improvements to Ballpark (Yahoo! Sports)