NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Notebook: Lakers 102, Wizards 96
- Fans find ways to get to Nets’ Brooklyn opener
- Djokovic calls down young fan to court
- NFL notes: Ex-linebacker Ted Johnson speaks out about concussion dangers
- Reds’ Baker in good health as new season starts (Yahoo! Sports)
- Bobby Robins, Niklas Svedberg lead Bruins over IceCaps
- Pettitte earns win as Yankees beat Blue Jays 9-4 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Penguins rally in OT to oust Islanders in 6
- Talking hasn’t worked for NHL and union, could not talking be the answer?
- Lions’ Raiola says post-NFL health woes ‘totally worth it’