NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- QB Moore signs 2-year deal to remain with Dolphins (Yahoo! Sports)
- Ducks GM Bob Murray cleared in lawsuit
- Stephen Strasburg pitches Nationals past Giants (Yahoo! Sports)
- Conley blossoming in his 6th season with Grizzlies
- Oladipo’s late nights at gym likely to pay off
- Thursday Sports Wrap
- Notebook: Pistons 104, Cavaliers 97
- Darvish 15 wins, 200 Ks; Texas wins 9-3 over M’s (Yahoo! Sports)
- Marlies score 4 goals in 1st period en route to convincing win over Bulldogs
- Neshek pitches in aftermath of son’s death (Yahoo! Sports)