NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Romo active on field while idled over cyst removal (Yahoo! Sports)
- RHP Ervin Santana feeling like rookie with Royals (Yahoo! Sports)
- Without Strasburg, Nats turn to Jackson for Game 3 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Vikings’ Harvin ruled out for Sunday’s game (Yahoo! Sports)
- Wade, Allen want to be paid for Olympics
- Jaromir Jagr, 41, confident he can help Bruins
- Pelicans’ new practice center taking shape
- LeBron, Tony Allen headline NBA All-Defensive Team
- Red Wings fined for Jim Devellano comments
- Notebook: Heat 90, Pacers 79