NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Cavs owner Gilbert regrets guaranteeing title
- Fehr hopes to find more common ground in NHL talks
- Notebook: Hornets 111, Sixers 99
- Former NBA player Danilovic seriously injured in fight
- Eric Staal’s hat trick lifts Hurricanes past Sabres
- Howard: I could have done Orlando exit better
- Notebook: Grizzlies 86, Jazz 70
- Notebook: Rockets 87, Timberwolves 84
- Notebook: Heat 98, Grizzlies 91
- Notebook: 76ers 106, Nets 97