NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Parity abounds in NBA conference semifinals
- Braves moving to 6-man rotation for 2 weeks (Yahoo! Sports)
- Drew homers to help A’s beat O’s 5-2 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Is Tim Tebow the Justin Bieber of the NFL? Fan’s View
- Wednesday Sports Wrap
- Goaltending, injuries key for Jets in shortened season
- Notebook: Timberwolves 108, Hawks 103
- A’s rookie Parker to face star-laden Tigers (Yahoo! Sports)
- Notebook: Heat 110, Pistons 88
- Ujiri to leave Denver for Raptors