NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Bradford on game, Rams beat Chiefs 31-17 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Dwight Howard leaves Lakers eyeing rebirth with Rockets – USA TODAY
- Wolves’ Love on Minnesota: ‘I love being here’
- NFL Draft preview: Offensive linemen – The Star-Ledger
- Flames put focus on ice vs. Canucks
- Sidney Crosby lifts Penguins in 1st game since Malkin injury
- Notebook: Knicks 90, Jazz 83
- Reds beat Marlins 11-1 for 4th straight win (Yahoo! Sports)
- Orioles’ Gonzalez enjoying first postseason (Yahoo! Sports)
- Bradley beats Pacquiao by split decision