NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- 8 difference-makers in NHL playoff hunt
- Gretzky hopes for NHL labor deal by Winter Classic
- Ex-coach Bob Francis now fighting for quality of life
- Lakers win at the line, claw back into series
- Mets’ Wright makes first appearance in 2 weeks (Yahoo! Sports)
- Blues’ Brian Elliott overcomes slow start
- Familiar faces: Tigers, Yankees recall 2009 trade (Yahoo! Sports)
- Hockey 101 helps Devils for Game 3 vs. Rangers
- Notebook: Heat 109, Cavaliers 105
- Jarmo Kekalainen set to live ‘dream’ as NHL GM