NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Notebook: Pacers 96, Wizards 89
- Arizona sends CB Jefferson to Minnesota for picks (Yahoo! Sports)
- Parker continues to drive Spurs toward title
- Eagles QB Vick leaves game with concussion (Yahoo! Sports)
- Senators without Craig Anderson vs. Flyers
- Former Hawk Blaylock on life support after crash
- Lopresti column: Any defense for Derrick Rose playing late?
- NFL draft: Robert Griffin III’s success has come via hard work
- Braves honor Chipper Jones in pregame ceremony (Yahoo! Sports)
- Notebook: Magic 110, Pistons 106