NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Redskins have sixth-easiest NFL schedule
- Glendale approves reworked 20-year arena deal for Coyotes
- Teixeira delivers big hits again as Yankees win (Yahoo! Sports)
- NFL suspends Packers LB Walden 1 game
- Seattle CB Richard Sherman hopeful about appeal (Yahoo! Sports)
- Potential Clemens jurors question value of inquiry (Yahoo! Sports)
- Memorial Cup: Players to watch
- Rangers top Royals in 10 to extend AL West lead (Yahoo! Sports)
- A-Rod rejoins Yankees after missing 6 weeks (Yahoo! Sports)
- Granderson, Yankees give Suzuki grand welcome (Yahoo! Sports)