NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Giants hold off Cubs 4-3 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Blackhawks rally to force Game 7 with Red Wings
- LA Angels avoid arbitration with Hanson, Vargas (Yahoo! Sports)
- Notebook: Bobcats 106, Magic 100
- Nuggets’ Hamilton fined for verbal exchange with fan
- For now, Lincecum set as Game 4 NLCS starter (Yahoo! Sports)
- Lakers player pleads no contest in assault
- Leafs fan takes aim at CN Tower goal light
- Giants name Bumgarner NLCS Game 1 starter (Yahoo! Sports)
- Johnson, Bonifacio lead Marlins over Braves 2-1 (Yahoo! Sports)