NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Notebook: Mavs 126, Bobcats 99
- Roundup: Bulls hand Bobcats 18th loss in a row
- NHLPA’s Steve Fehr: Lockout negotiations need a breakthrough
- Student in trouble over Matt Bonner haircut
- Agent questions NFL’s evidence
- NFL Notes: Bennett glad to be out of Big D
- Thunder look to make noise after quiet offseason
- Former eight-year NFL veteran receiver RC Owens dies at age 78
- NFL Power Rankings: Week 12
- Dodgers take series from Mariners with 8-2 victory (Yahoo! Sports)