NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Jets cruise past Capitals for 1st win of season
- Percy Harvin requested trade from Vikings, unlikely to be granted
- Alligator attacks 75-year-old golfer in Florida
- 4 Ways the NFL Can Improve the Fan Experience
- Michelle Jenneke will make you fall in love with hurdling
- Senators lose Kaspars Daugavins on waiver claim by Bruins
- Injured Raptors Lowry, Fields skip trip to Indiana
- Notebook: Heat 124, Suns 99
- Coyotes sign Oliver Ekman-Larsson to 6-year deal
- Rockets’ Delfino (right foot) out for playoffs