NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Arroyo gem puts Reds up 2-0 on Giants in NLDS (Yahoo! Sports)
- NFL analyst: Dolphins should sign TO
- Stanley Cup Stories: Bruins take control of final
- Kevin Smith says Lions’ running game will improve
- Ex-NFL WR Hurd arrested, accused of bond violation (Yahoo! Sports)
- Jets lose Darrelle Revis to torn ACL
- NFL mock draft 2012: First round predictions picks
- Notebook: Celtics 89, Wizards 86
- Penguins gladly assume risk with Crosby deal
- Grizzlies’ Darrell Arthur breaks leg preparing for camp