NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- Ex-high school coach gets to be an NFL receiver, thanks to Drew Brees
- Stanley Cup final a battle of two previously unsung goalie heroes
- Wharnsby: Canada’s MacKinnon a product of family
- Jets use 4-goal period to earn important win over Flyers
- Notebook: Nets 93, Hawks 80
- CBC’s Gordie Howe biopic to air later this month
- Notebook: Grizzlies 106, Lakers 93
- Devils’ Martin Brodeur listed as day to day with sore back
- Beavan pitches Mariners past Twins 5-4 (Yahoo! Sports)
- Greinke and Kendrick help Angels beat Tigers 2-1 (Yahoo! Sports)