NFL prospect cruelly punk’d on draft night
An unidentified prankster called his family’s home in South Brunswick, N.J, identified himself as a Bengals executive and told Sanu the club was taking him with the 27th pick overall.
That set off a wild celebration — until they they saw on TV that Cincy had actually selected Wisconsin offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler.
“You have people that are haters that will do anything,” his upset mother Aminata Koroma told the New York Daily News Friday. “Sometimes, people are just sick.”
But the story has a happy ending. On Friday, Sanu was actually picked by the Bengals, this time in the third round with the 83rd overall pick.
An exultant Sanu tweeted: “Thank God!! Im a Bengal for REAL!!!!”
- White Sox claim 1B Lars Anderson off waivers (Yahoo! Sports)
- The NFL Joins the Olympics
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry fined $15K
- Hawks make change, go bigger for Game 3
- Wolves’ Rubio begins light practice
- Jets look to continue road momentum against Flyers
- NFL Draft Profile – Dont’a Hightower
- Lee, Michael Young lead Phils over Nationals (Yahoo! Sports)
- Orioles hit Verlander hard in 5-2 win over Tigers (Yahoo! Sports)
- Devils’ Ilya Kovalchuk to miss Game 2