The Internet wins as SOPA is halted in the House and PIPA is postponed indefinitely in the Senate
Following the internets temper tantrum, support for PIPA and SOPA have almost completely collapsed. Sen. Harry Reid issued a statement announcing he has postponed the vote on the Protect IP Act. Over in the House, Rep. Lamar Smith says the House Judiciary Committee will not move forward with the Stop Online Piracy Act until there is wider agreement on a solution.
This was possibly the best of what the internet has to offer on display as interests from all over the net came together to stop this madness. The fight is not won yet, but this battle definitely goes to us…. read more
- Google vs the World… next up for destruction: Skype
- Facebook is broken, the world weeps as addicted farmers all over the world lose crops, world hunger ensues, and life as we know it…
- This weeks 10 hottest chicks on the Internet
- Viral: Todays proof that the internet is stupid 1928 mobile phone meme
- Idiocracy: The MPAA, RIAA, Supervillains, Homeland Security, and the law. Where are we headed?
- Idiocracy: FBI loses it’s mind, tells Wikipedia to remove it’s seal.
- Where is our no-fly zone? Don’t ask the media, they left.
- The US is starting to look a lot like the Middle East
- Suns Take A Stand