Area 51 secrets revealed
Located inside the Nevada Test and Training Range, the flat-dry lake bed known as Groom Lake has been the home to some of the nation’s most advanced espionage and weapons technology, hair-raising tales of Cold War brinksmanship, and possibly much worse, according to a new book about the top-secret military base.
In these three videos, CNET’s Molly Wood reports on author Annie Jacobsen’s book, "Area 51," which chronicles what happened on the top secret military base during the Cold War.
Secrets of Area 51: The road to Area 51
Secrets of Area 51: The history and technology of Area 51
Secrets of Area 51: The alien controversy
- Viral: Back to School… in a Hurry in a Jet Powered School Bus
- Sad Video: Dolphin Struggles to Swim in Oil Off Louisiana’s Coast
- Discovery shuttle blasts off with”One last reach for the stars”
- Hero: 14 Year old gets first haircut
- Viral Video: Words
- Sports Babe: Brooklyn Decker
- Britney Spears–Hold It Against Me Video
- Page 3 sends up the Old Spice Guy
- Heartwarming: Fallen Navy SEAL’s Dog Refuses to Leave Master’s Side at Funeral
- Cute Overdose: Video – What happens when you feed baby chicks skittles.