Area 51 secrets revealed
Located inside the Nevada Test and Training Range, the flat-dry lake bed known as Groom Lake has been the home to some of the nation’s most advanced espionage and weapons technology, hair-raising tales of Cold War brinksmanship, and possibly much worse, according to a new book about the top-secret military base.
In these three videos, CNET’s Molly Wood reports on author Annie Jacobsen’s book, "Area 51," which chronicles what happened on the top secret military base during the Cold War.
Secrets of Area 51: The road to Area 51
Secrets of Area 51: The history and technology of Area 51
Secrets of Area 51: The alien controversy
- Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- I know they call getting married taking the plunge, but this is ridiculous
- Proof that rednecks are idiots: Redneck long jump
- Viral: Jane Austen’s Fight Club
- Super Cool Lightning Strike Video
- It’s Real! Duke Nukem Forever launch trailer
- Beautiful Northern Lights Time Lapse
- Humans CAN fly.
- Viral: Randy Moss Autotuned
- SI Swimsuit Model Jessica White in the Philippines