Deal of the Day: Iron Man 2 on Blu-Ray, DVD, and Digital Copy. – $24.99
Get the ultimate Iron Man 2 experience with this special edition loaded with bonus features that take you inside the suit, plus a digital copy of the film that you can watch anywhere, anytime! Now that Tony Stark’s superhero secret is revealed to the world, he must once again suit up in order to face his most dangerous enemy yet – but not without a few new allies of his own!
List Price: $39.99
You Save: $15.00 (38%)
Buy Iron Man 2 (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
After the high-flying adventures of the first Iron Man picture, the billionaire arms manufacturer and irrepressible bon vivant Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) finds himself nursing a hangover. But not like any hangover he’s had before: this one is toxic, a potentially deadly condition resulting from heavy metals (or something) bleeding out of the hardware he’s installed in the middle of his chest. This is the problem Stark needs to solve in Iron Man 2, not to mention the threat from resentful Russian science whiz Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke), whose father helped create the Iron Man technology. There’s an even bigger problem for the film: the need to set up a future Marvel Comics movie universe in which a variety of veteran characters will join forces, a requirement that slows down whatever through-line the movie can generate (although fanboys will have a good time digging the clues laid out here). Actually, the main plot is no great shakes: another Iron Man suit is deployed (Don Cheadle, replacing Terrence Howard from the first film, gets to climb inside), Stark continues to bicker with assistant Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), and a weaselly business rival (Sam Rockwell) tries to out-do the Iron Man suit with an army of Vanko-designed drones. Mickey Rourke is a letdown, burdened by a wobbly Russian accent and looking skeptical about the genre foolishness around him, and Scarlett Johansson has to wait until the final couple of reels to unleash some butt-kickin’ skills as the future Black Widow. That climax is sufficiently lively, and the initial half-hour, including Stark’s smirky appearance before a Senate committee and a wacky showdown at the Monaco Grand Prix, provides a strong, swift opening. But the lull between these high points is crying for more action and more Downey improv.
Disc 1 (Blu-ray):
Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)— Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.’s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
Previsualization and Animatics (HD)
Disc 2 (Blu-ray):
Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of Iron Man 2 (HD)
Rebuilding the Suit—An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
A Return to Action—From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man’s story.
Expanding the Universe—From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark’s home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
Building a Legacy—From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.
- Creating Stark Expo—A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.Practical Meets Digital—How the “practical” props inform the “digital” work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
- Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury—A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
- Illustrated Origin: Black Widow—An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in Iron Man 2.
- Illustrated Origin: War Machine—A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
- Working with DJ AM—Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.
Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD):
- Alternate Opening
- Coulson at the Senate
- The Sub-Orbital Jet
- Tony’s Workshop (extended)
- Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
- Flying Party Girl
- Mark II Security
- Element Rediscovered (extended)
Concept Art Gallery
Theatrical Trailers (HD)
Music Video: AC/DC “Shoot To Thrill” (HD)
Disc 3 (DVD):
- Deal of the Day: The Wizard of Oz (70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition) [Blu-ray] $36.99
- The Ultimate Matrix Collection on Blu-ray is on Sale for just $49.99
- DVD Spotlight: The A-Team
- Deal of the Day: Choose any Season of Stargate SG1 for just $13.99
- This Week on DVD
- Deal of the Day: The Bucket List DVD
- Deal of the Day
- Netflix says FU to its long time customer base.
- This Week on DVD: Skyline
- Deal of the Day: The Green Mile on DVD for just $5.99